- Basic Information
- Adapted from the healthy foodie A deliciously healthy twist on a classic cookie.
- Nutritional Information:
- Nutrition Profile: Friendly for Cardiovascular Health and Weight Management. Enjoy with a glass of skim milk or enriched, unsweetened soy milk for extra calcium.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 3 scoops vanilla protein powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ¾ cup egg whites
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, protein powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.In a medium bowl, mix apple sauce, egg whites, and vanilla extract. Add to large bowl and combine with dry ingredients. Fold in raisins and nuts.
Drop by teaspoonfuls onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake for 15 minutes or until cookies turn golden brown. Cool on cooling rack and serve.
Image Credit: by norwichnuts